Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Kada Prashad (Wheat halwa)

I am not a sweet eater. I like only certain sweets. Kada Prashad is one of them which I love. We usually get this prashad in Gurudwara. Different people have different measures to make this prashad, but this is the best measurements that works for me. I learnt this from one of the Uncle at the Gurudwara.

Ingredients:
1 cup wheat flour
1 cup sugar
3 cups water
2 cubes unsalted butter

Method:
Take a pan and add some unsalted butter. When it melts add wheat flour and stir continuously so that it does not stick to the bottom of pan or get burnt. Add more butter if required. The wheat flour should be completely covered in butter, but be careful not to add too much butter. Simultaneously mix sugar and water and bring to a boil in a vessel. Stir the wheat flour and butter till it is brown in color and you get the fragrance of roasted wheat flour. Now add the boiled water and sugar mix (water should be hot) and stir continuously taking care no lumps are formed. Keep stirring till the water is absorbed completely and your spatula should not stick to the mix.
Serve hot.

No comments: